Monday 27 April 2009

Well what a weird weekend.

James is now crawling. Funny - when Joe started crawling we were so excited but with James I just thought "that's gonna make life a bit more tricky". I am a bad mother.

Joe threw his head back on Sat morning while I was tickling him and caught me right on the eyebrow bone. I have a cracking black eye. I have never had a black eye before and have been struck by how people look at you. I sang in church on Sunday and got some very funny looks but no-one mentioned it. Somehow that made it worse because I didn't get to explain how it had happened. I wonder what they were thinking?

Did the end of the month pub quiz last night and came second from last. We came second last month so it was a bit of a let down but there were rather a lot of teams using iphone technology this time which was a bit of a shame. Why would you go to a pub quiz and then cheat? It's beyond me. Anyway I drank far too much red wine with my sister-in-law and have a shocking hangover today. I am currently watching Cbeebies with Joe because I don't have the energy to do anything else!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

No that doesn't make you a bad mother at all,if it does I'll join you in the bad mother boat because I thought the same thing.

Ouch,that hurts,had that happen a few times,that and being headbutted in the mouth,had a few bleeding lips that way.I never had a black eye though....

Yeah,that's a shame about the pub quiz cheats..........remember how abysmal we did in that one when you came here !!!

Super hot here on saturday 29 degrees and going to be the same today too..........plants are growing, yeah I can see green,it's so nice :)

Rachel Wild said...

been headbutted in the nose a few times and a little bit of wee did come out cos it hurt so much!!! I bet everyone at church was thinking wonder what the other bloke looked like!!!!!!