Sunday 19 April 2009

Food Glorious Food...

We had a lovely meal last night - our last night together. So in true Ruth style but without the quality...



We had prawn cocktail to start - underrated I reckon and with a homemade sauce was flipping lovely.

Main course was a spiced chicken with subtle flavours of cinnamon, lemon and olives. This isn't a great picture but I can promise you it was lovely. Joe ate the leftovers for his dinner today and had two huge helpings - must be all that curry I ate when I was pregnant!

Pud was good old fashioned strawberries and cream. Yum Yum yum!



4 comments:

Rachel Wild said...

Looks lovely, who was the chef????

Mary-Ann said...

padre of course

Ruth said...

You may mock :)

I love prawn cocktail.....it's normally our Christmas day starter.I always make the sauce because you can't buy it here anyway but my friend makes it too and they use it as a dip for raw veggies which I'd never thought of but it's yummy !
Mmmmmm that chicken sounds lovely,I think Adam loves potatoes so much because I OD'ed on them whilst preggers.
Months before we get Quebec Strawberries.I hate the nasty USA ones we can get at the moment....makes me want them but of course only get yucky cream here ..........that's what I miss the most....proper cream(extra thick double.....heaven!!)and chocolate.....Oh and I suppose you,just a little ;)

xxxx

Mary-Ann said...

Don't you have cows in Canada?